Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Buffet Shows How You Work With The Obama White House. Reiterate What The President Says And Don't Criticize. This Way You Get To Keep The Goodies That The Administration Has Given You. Otherwise, You Lose.

commentPrint

Buffett: ObamaCare website 'a huge screw up'

By Justin Sink 10/22/13 10:25 PM ET
Billionaire investor and White House ally Warren Buffett said Tuesday that the technical problems plaguing the ObamaCare website were "obviously… a huge screw up."
Buffett said he felt sorry for embattled Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, who has come under intense scrutiny during the rocky rollout of the president's signature health care law. Top Republicans, including RNC Chairman Reince Preibus and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) have called for her resignation in the aftermath of the launch.

“I’m a friend of Kathleen, I’m a friend of her when she is in trouble…I like Kathleen, I feel sorry for her in the position she is in," Buffett told CNN's "Piers Morgan Live."
Buffett, one of the nation's wealthiest men, added that while "occasionally you have to chop it off" with employees that had underperformed, he generally believed "in sticking by people, particularly when they're in trouble."
Moreover, Buffett said, he believed the problems with the ObamaCare website "will get worked out."
Earlier Tuesday, Sebelius said she hadn't spoken to President Obama about the possibility of resigning.
“What I talked about is doing the job that I came here to do,” she said, also in an interview with CNN. “This is the most important work I've ever done in my life, delivering on an historic act, making sure that we have health security for the millions of Americans.”
According to Sebelius, Obama advised her just to “get it done.”
“I think my job is to get this fully implemented and to get the Web site working right,” she said. “And that's really what I'm focused on. I work at the pleasure of the president and he is singularly focused on making sure we deliver on this promise. That's what I'm committed to doing.”
President Obama has spoken frequently about soliciting advise for Buffett as he develops economic policy, and the president's signature tax proposal to apply a minimum tax rate on the richest taxpayers carries his name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your comments are needed for helping to improve the discussion.