Jaden Ramos, 13lost his father Saturday.
Image source: Facebook
Jaden Ramos, left; Rafael Ramos, right. (Image source: Facebook)
New York City Police Officer Rafael Ramos, along with fellow Officer Wenjian Liu, were fatally shot while sitting in their cruiser on special patrol doing crime reduction work in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn.
Image source: NYPD
Image source: NYPD
The suspect, 28-year-old Ismaaiyl Brinsley, wrote on an Instagram account: “I’m putting wings on pigs today. They take 1 of ours, let’s take 2 of theirs,” officials said. He used the hashtags Shootthepolice RIPErivGardner (sic) RIPMikeBrown.
Image source: Facebook
Image source: Facebook
Jaden wrote a decidedly different message on his Facebook page: “Today is the worst day of My life.”
He followed up with this heartbreaking note:
Today I had to say bye to my father. He was their for me everyday of my life, he was the best father I could ask for. It’s horrible that someone gets shot dead just for being a police officer. Everyone says they hate cops but they are the people that they call for help. I will always love you and I will never forget you. RIP Dad.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.