Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Michael Moore Is A Fraud. Repeats CNN Lie, Offers Small Apartment Instead Of His House.



Michael Moore Offers His 700-Sq.-Ft. Apartment to Syrian Refugees -- but Why Not His $5.2M Mansion?

November 20, 2015

Liberal documentarian Michael Moore is apparently putting his home where his mouth is. He posted on Twitter earlier today:
“Michigan’s governor says ‘no Syrian refugees.’ I am defying his edict & offering my MI apartment to those brave ppl”
Then he linked to his Facebook open letter to the governor, Rick Snyder, which reads in part:
“I just wanted to let you know that, contrary to your declaration of denying Syrian refugees a home in our state of Michigan, I myself am going to defy your ban and will offer MY home in Traverse City, Michigan, to those very Syrian refugees you’ve decided to keep out. I will contact the State Department to let them know I am happy to provide a safe haven to any Syrian refugee couple approved by the Obama administration’s vetting procedures in which I have full faith and trust.
"Your action is not only disgraceful, it is, as you know, unconstitutional (only the President has the legal right to decide things like this). …
"Governor, count me out of whatever you think it means to be a Michigander. I look forward to welcoming Syrians to my home and I wholeheartedly encourage other Americans to do the same.
"Michael Moore
"P.S. By the way, my 700-sq. ft. apartment in northern Michigan is a little small, but it’s got cable, wi-fi and a new dishwasher! Also, no haters live on my floor! Stop by any time for a hot chocolate this winter.”
Moore, who divides his time between apartments in New York and Traverse City, doubled down on his offer about an hour ago live on Periscope (click here to see the recording, as long as the link is active). He explained that the declarations of Snyder and a couple dozen other governors to deny haven to refugees “just seems so un-American to me and so wrong, and not at all what we believe in.” He continued:
“It’s a small apartment, a couple could live there, a Syrian couple. … I’ll give up my apartment, say, for a year for free, and they can live there and I’ll try and help them get a job and whatever — just do my part as a citizen of this world, as a person who believes we are our brother’s and our sister’s keeper and we’re all in this together.
"And if it means breaking the law in Michigan to do this: You are compelled to break the law when there’s a moral issue involved. …
"That’s what I’m going to do, and if you have the means to do that, or you can do that, or you know people that can do it, let’s help out our brothers and sisters on this planet.”
He singled out Jeb Bush and Donald Trump among the Republican presidential candidates for their positions on refugees.
“To Jeb Bush I say: You let in only the Christians? Let me tell you something, the Christian thing to do is you let in everybody. You let in anybody who legally can be here and has met the qualifications. They should be able to be here. …
"And to Trump! You want a registry of Muslims so we can keep track of them?
"I want a registry of a**holes so i can keep track of you, and people like you. If we’re going to have a registry, I just want to to know where you’re at. I’m not going to do anything to you — you know, live your life in peace or whatever — but if we need to send out some sort of, like, Amber Alert, a**hole alert, 'Trump’s in town,’ you know, that might do us all some good.”
We’re not sure how realistic Moore’s offer is. But if he is going to house any refugees in Michigan, we submit that his 3-acre, 11,000-square-foot Torch Lake property, on the market for $5.2 million, pictured below, offers a far more commodious situation than his 700-square-foot Traverse City apartment.
More on Yahoo Real Estate:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your comments are needed for helping to improve the discussion.