Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Showing posts with label obamcare website. Show all posts
Showing posts with label obamcare website. Show all posts

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Hackers Will Wait To Attack ObamaCrapCare When Millions Have Given Their Social Security number, Address And Other Critical Information. Still Not Enough Data To Encourage The Really Good Hackers!

Official: Hackers tried repeatedly to attack Obamacare website

By Joe Johns and Stacey Samuel, CNN
updated 10:32 PM EST, Wed November 13, 2013

Obamacare: What White House needs to do now

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • There have been more than a dozen attempts to attack the Healthcare.gov web site
  • None of the attacks have been successful, officials said
  • Officials also hired an "ethical hacker" to try to find holes in the system
  • HealthCare.gov went live on October 1; beset by internal problems since
Washington (CNN) -- Hackers have attempted more than a dozen cyber attacks against the Obamacare website, according to a top Homeland Security Department official.
The attacks, which are under investigation, failed, said the official.
Authorities also are investigating a separate report of a tool designed to put heavy strain on HealthCare.gov through a so-called distributed denial of service. It does not appear to have been activated.
"We received about 16 reports from HHS that are under investigation and one open source report about a denial of service," according to Acting Assistant Homeland Security Secretary Roberta Stempfley of the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications.
Stempfley testified at a hearing of the House Homeland Security Committee that the attempts were made between November 6 and November 8, but none were successful.
HealthCare.gov: How bad is it?
106,185 enrolled through Obamacare
White House expert: Working to reach goal
Obamacare model: I've been bullied
The DDOS program, called "Destroy Obama Care," was recently spotted on a "torrent" file sharing web page, and first reported last week on a blog by Arbor Networks, which said it found no evidence the program had actually been launched to attack the troubled federal portal for consumers to shop for health coverage.
"We have not monitored any attacks. We have not seen any sizable, or anything to believe that these problems are related to DDOS," said Dan Holden director of security research for Arbor Networks, adding "I don't believe that the problems with the site's availability is due to any kind of DDOS attack."
In a separate hearing, a top Health and Human Services official, Chief Information Officer Frank Baitman, said his department had engaged an "ethical hacker" on staff to test the defenses of the health care site.
The hacker discovered between seven and 10 items related to attempted security breaches which were disclosed in a report.
Baitman said he would not describe these items as serious and said the majority had been resolved.
The use of hackers employed to test on line site security is common, Holden said.
"That's pretty standard practice, generally referred to as penetration testing," Holden told CNN. "There are many companies and individuals out there that have done that for a very long time. The idea being, you want to know where your weaknesses are and what the potential of attacks could be."
But others are still concerned about the security of the site.
In statements made before the House Homeland Security hearing, database expert Luke Chang --whose company did not work on HealthCare.gov -- provided his technical assessment, saying that the problem with the roll out of the website was far deeper than "too many users."
Chang said that in his estimation the skill set of the designers of the website were subpar, adding that "when you have an environment where the developer can barely get the web site functional, security is way down on the list of things to take care of. Security has to be built-in at the very beginning not at the very end."
But, critical infrastructure protection specialist and CEO of Lunarline, Inc., Waylon Krush told the committee, "There's not a system out there that's perfect in nature, by any means, from a cybersecurity perspective."
"You would assume that for hundreds of millions of dollars it would be a secure site," said Chang.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Should Obama Go To Jail Over ObamaCrapCare? Has A Crime Been Committed?

It’s Time For Obama To Take The ‘Perp Walk’

November 7, 2013 by  
 177 43
 
 3 816

Hello, I’m Wayne Allyn Root for Personal Liberty.
Forget impeachment; it’s time for criminal prosecution. Obamacare isn’t about incompetence, and it isn’t about political disagreement. It’s about a trillion-dollar fraud carried out by the President of the United States.
Let’s say a TV pitchman (you know, like the Ginsu knife guy) promised free health insurance. Let’s say he promised: “If you don’t like mine, you can keep your current health insurance. Period.” Then millions of Americans, thinking they had nothing to lose, took him up on it. And then, because of this con man’s lies, fraud and misrepresentations, they found the policies they liked and their families depended on canceled. When they went to his website for help to try to save themselves, they found it not only defective, but deceptive as well.
The few who could get on found they had to enter their personal information, even if all they wanted to do was compare plans and prices. And once they did this, they were trapped. Their personal information would be used to extort them. They were warned that if they didn’t buy, they’d be fined.
Can you imagine the outrage and criminal accusations coming from consumer protection advocates? Can you imagine how quickly the Federal government would shut down the business? Can you imagine how quickly a grand jury would be convened to indict the CEO? Can you imagine how quickly FBI agents, accompanied by SWAT teams with assault weapons, would swoop down on this CEO’s offices with guns drawn and remove cabinets and computers with the media watching, with cameras rolling, with flashbulbs popping? Can you picture the CEO and his top executives being “perp walked” in handcuffs in front of the waiting TV news cameras?
The government would throw the book at these executives. For ripping off millions of consumers, including the elderly and innocent young children, the CEO would get life in prison.
Think of the personal stories, the tragedies caused by this purposeful lie, by this fraud. The small businesses forced to close. The middle-class taxpayers hit with dramatic price increases, left with a choice of paying the mortgage or the health insurance. How about the people whose policies were canceled and, because they couldn’t afford this con man’s “better plan” or because of a defective website, went without insurance for a time — and during that time, had a car accident, leaving them unable to work and bankrupt with medical bills.
All of these tragedies were set in motion because a CEO lied and misrepresented. If this happened to one single American family, that CEO would go to prison.
Well it’s happening to millions of Americans. And that CEO con man is Barack Obama.
A grand jury should be convened right now to indict the President of the United States for fraud on a massive scale. The FBI and SWAT teams should be surrounding the White House this week. Obama should be “perp walked” out of the people’s house in handcuffs, with cameras rolling, with flashbulbs popping. He lied to us all. His fraud will cost each of us dearly.
This wasn’t the usual politician’s “little white lie.” This was a gigantic, purposeful lie that might cost 16 million (or more) Americans our health insurance. This lie will cost a typical family $5,000, $10,000, even $15,000 more per year for a new expensive policy none of us can afford or want.
Worst of all, this lie will strip millions of proud middle-class families of their independence, self-reliance and self-esteem, by forcing them into government dependence for the first time in their lives.
But then, that was the real point of Obamacare from Day 1: government dependence and income redistribution on a massive Marxist scale.
We’ve been conned. A gigantic fraud has been sold to the American people. Our lives, finances, jobs and healthcare system are being destroyed. Our income is being stolen (Obama calls it “redistributed”) based on a fraud. Who benefits? Obama’s voters, Obama’s donors and, of course, the biggest health insurance companies in the country. That was the bribe to get them to go along with this fraudulent, Marxist scheme.
Obama makes Bernie Madoff look like a piker. This is the first trillion-dollar fraud in world history, and someone should go to prison. What CEO in the private sector would be allowed to walk? Not one.
Let’s sum up the crimes:
  • We were promised no one would lose their health insurance. Lie.
  • We were promised you could keep your present policy, if you liked it. Lie.
  • We were promised costs were going down. Lie.
  • We were promised this would be easy. Lie.
  • We were promised that the middle class would not pay higher taxes. Lie.
But as the Ginsu knife pitchman might say: “Wait; there’s more!”
What if a private-sector CEO spent more than $600 million to build a website and happened to give the no-bid contract to his college classmate? What if after overspending hundreds of millions of dollars, the site didn’t work? That CEO would be in handcuffs in a New York minute. And if his wife arranged the deal, she’d be behind bars, too.
Well don’t look now, but it happened. The most expensive website in history does not work. Obama spent $600 million of taxpayer money. The “fix” will bring the cost to more than $1 billion of your money. It was a no-bid contract. The top exec at the company that built the site is the Princeton classmate of Michelle Obama. They are members of the Princeton Black Alumni Association. She just happened to get a no-bid contract.
How could someone spend that much money… and fail? It’s just a website. Did millions of dollars go to Cayman Island bank accounts? Were bribes paid for Michelle’s favor?
Obama knew millions of Americans would lose their insurance. He knew rates would skyrocket. And someone stole hundreds of millions of dollars building a defective website. It’s past time for impeachment; it’s time for the CEO to pay for the fraud he’s perpetrated. 
It’s time for Obama to take the infamous “perp walk.”
I’m Wayne Allyn Root for Personal Liberty. See you next week. Same time, same place. God bless America.