Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Supreme Court Says States Can Punish Employers Who Hire Illegal Immigrants

Today the Supreme Court by a 5-3 margin said that Arizona could have a law that punished employers who employ illegal immigrants.  I say bravo to a win for state's rights.  As you know the  Constitution severely limits Federal Rights and  the 10th amendment says that any power not given to the Federal government is reserved to the States. 

Opponents are not happy and have pledged to continue fighting against another case coming from Utah. It will be interesting to see what happens when that case hits the Court.

For the life of me, I cannot understand those who support illegal immigration which in my mind, says it all. It is illegal, do I need to say more?  Where is it said that someone who comes here by breaking the law, should get special privileges or be treated differently than any other law breaker?  Why are we giving them free college educations when I have to pay for my son's?  Why are we giving them medicare, medicaid, social security?  If someone can tell me this, I would like to know.

These people come here from around the world. No, it is not only Mexican citizens (although a vast majority are), but they also come from Central and South America, China, Europe, the Old USSR, and elsewhere.  They enter the country without immigration papers or overstay their visas and we are expected to pick up the tab for them.

The bottom line, they are illegal and should be kicked out along with all of their children (whether they were born here or not) and not allowed to come back for 20 years and then only if they go through the proper channels. If not, we might as well turn the keys to the treasury over to them and close down the government for in not so long, they will be the majority. 

Now let me make one point very clear--I am not against LEGAL immigration.  That is what made this country great and yes, my parents were recipients of that largess for which I am very thankful. They came here legally, with papers and made a life for themselves. There is absolutely nothing wrong with LEGAL immigration and to mix legal and illegal together and say they are the same is very disingenuous.

The Supreme Court was 100% right and employers who hire those who are law-breakers should be punished and punished severely. If you cut down on the jobs, those who come here illegally will soon find out there are no jobs for them and will return from whence they came.


I hope you agree, but should you have a differing point of view, let's explore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your comments are needed for helping to improve the discussion.