A U.S. Air Force Captain was wrestled to the ground and arrested on the front porch of his own home when a policeman mistook him for a burglar based on a 911 call from a neighbor.
The deputies say Nicolas Aquino failed to hand over his ID, but Aquino tells a different story.
After asking the deputy if he was being detained, Aquino says he pulled out his wallet and showed his military ID. According to Deputy I. Rodriguez of the Monterey County police:
The male then pulled his hand away from me, thereby moving the card away from my hand. I decided at that point I would detain him physically and place him into handcuffs.
After Aquino was face down on the ground, Deputy Rodriguez continues:
I yelled at the male to put his hands out to his sides… The male never complied… he was beginning to draw them closer to the center of his body… afraid that the male was going to reach for a weapon… I contemplated disengaging from him, drawing my own firearm, and taking aim.
Aquino claims that he was not able to comply with the deputy’s orders because he could not physically move his arms with the cop sitting on his back.
He now faces a misdemeanor for resisting and obstructing a peace officer — even though he voluntarily produced his ID and did not commit any crime.
All of this begs the question: What kind of America are we living in where a so-called “peace officer” can initiate a violent confrontation on a person’s private property and still file charges against the innocent victim?
Watch the full news report here: