President Barack Obama said in his weekly address Saturday that he will act on his own to “create more jobs and opportunity for hardworking families,” if Republicans in Congress refuse to take the action he would like to see.
“[W]e could do a lot more if Republicans in Congress were less interested in stacking the deck in favor of those at the top, and more interested in growing the economy for everybody,” Obama said. “They’ve now voted more than 50 times to take apart the Affordable Care Act – imagine if they voted 50 times on serious jobs bills.”
“That’s why I’m going to take action on my own wherever I can,” he continued. “To grow our economy from the middle out, not the top down. To give every American who works hard a chance to get ahead.”
“That’s why I’m going to take action on my own wherever I can.”
Share:
The president, speaking about his efforts to raise the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour, added that “as long as Republicans in Congress refuse to act, I’ll keep working with cities, states, and businesses to give more Americans a raise.”