The return of "Will & Grace" keeps raising the bar on its hatred of conservatives. Ill-content to just mock their positions, the show now mocks them personally.
As highlighted by Newsbusters, Thursday's episode of the famed sitcom features a situation in which a baker refuses to bake a MAGA cake for President Trump's birthday amid jokes about Mike Pence being gay while referring to conservatives as "terrible people" with "horrible beliefs."
To boil it down, the episode revolves around the character Karen Walker (Megan Mullally), a caricature of a rich conservative, looking to get a MAGA cake baked for President Trump's birthday. When she goes to a local bakery, the baker (Vanessa Bayer) refuses to bake the cake.
"Let me get this straight, Smiley Cyrus. You’re refusing to make a cake because you don’t like what it says?" asks Karen Walker in an obvious reference to Masterpiece Cake Shop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission.
When news of the situation reaches Grace (Debra Messing), she goes down to the bakery and confronts the woman for rejecting her friend's cake. While there, Grace admits that Karen’s beliefs are "horrible," but "even people with hateful beliefs have rights. ... Okay, please just make her awful cake."
The baker still refuses and Grace tells her that refusing Karen "is the same as refusing marginalized people, like an interracial couple or a gay couple."
Amy explains, "I would never turn away a marginalized person. She's asking me to make a cake for my second-least favorite powerful man on Earth. Least favorite. I keep forgetting my dad is dead."
Customer: Excuse me. What's the holdup?
Amy: They want me to make a MAGA cake for the president, and I said no.
Customer 2: Good for you. And shame on you both. That man has insulted and degraded Latinos. –
Karen: Okay, honey, we're gonna need a little less Cesar Chavez and a little more Ted Cruz.
Grace: No, no, no, no, no. Not "We." I'm on your side. I'm you.
Customer 3: How can you celebrate that man? He mocks the disabled.
Karen: Okay, thanks for the wide bathrooms, but that's enough out of you.
Customer 3: You're terrible people.
Karen: And we terrible people have been shamed for too long. But Grace is taking a stand, and I'm with her.
Grace: No. Nope, she's not with me. I am not with her. I'm with the other her. I-I mean, I even wore a pantsuit to vote. I cried when he won.
Karen: Me too. My dealer moved to D.C.
Baker 2: Actions speak louder than words, and your actions say that you're on his side.
Grace: Okay, I--I get it from these two, but I am not taking it from a white guy.
Baker 2: I'm transgender. [It's true]
Grace: Did not know that. But anyway, you're still white, so stop coasting. Okay, can you please just do the right thing-- which so feels like the wrong thing-- and make the cake that we both hate?
Amy: No.
The baker eventually bakes a cake, but adds a personal touch: "IMAGAY"
Amy: Okay, here you go. Hope this makes your day sweet.
Karen: Ha-ha! We won. When they go low, we get high! Honey, I want to see my MAGA cake! Open the box!
Amy: Uh, maybe do that at home.
Grace: Can you lift up your hand, please?
Amy: Okay.
Grace: Uh, your hand is still there.
Amy: How could it be? I cut it off for making this horrible cake. Here it is. One MAGA cake.
Karen: That says "I'm a gay." How dare you come out on my cake?
Grace: Okay, so you added an “I” and a “Y. Very clever. But this isn't for the vice president. So, can you please take the extra letters off?
Amy: I can't. I really can't.
Grace: I understand, so I'll do it myself.
Amy: Okay, put it down. This bag squirts frosting, not hate.
Finally, the baker makes the actual MAGA cake, and when Grace arrives to pick it up, Republicans and Trump supporters are compared to Nazis.
Grace: Thank you so much for making a new cake. I truly, truly hate it.
Amy: Thank you. So do I. But you were right. It's about the principle. On the bright side, once word got out, business really picked up.
Man: Hi.
Grace: Hi.
Man: I am so sorry. I hate to be that guy, but, uh, can you take a look at this cake again? The, uh, swastika's a little off-center.
Amy: Sure. I'm sorry. It's just, sometimes, when I'm crying, my arm isn't as steady.
Man: Oh, is this for the birthday party? I'll see you there.
Grace: Why are the hot ones always gay or Nazis?