Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Showing posts with label email probe. Show all posts
Showing posts with label email probe. Show all posts

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Should Hillary Be Concerned About FBI Probe? We Believe So But She Probably Is Not Worried At All

Clinton Campaign Increasingly Nervous About Email Probe

  •  
By Cathy Burke   |   Sunday, 15 May 2016 09:56 AM
The FBI probe into Hillary Clinton's private email server is the most worrisome issue now facing her Democratic presidential campaign, CNN reports.

In a discussion about a new film based on Peter Schweizer’s book "Clinton Cash" about to debut at the Cannes Film Festival, CNN anchor John Berman asked correspondent Jeff Zeleny for his analysis on how the pay-for-play allegations would affect Clinton's White House bid.
The Washington Free Beacon posted a clip of the exchange.

There's not "a ton of smoking guns," Zeleny said of the book and movie.

But the FBI investigation into Clinton’s sever while she served at the State Department
could go anywhere.

"I think the thing that worries the Clinton campaign the most are the things they can’t control," Zeleny said.

"They know everything that’s in this book. They know every word that’s in the movie … Every news organization has gone over that book. Yes, there are a lot of questionable things, but it isn’t all that new, but the emails, the FBI investigation, which we don’t talk about a lot, that is still hanging out there. That is the thing that worries the Clinton campaign because they cannot control what happens to that … The FBI investigation is not over yet, and they don’t know the ending."
Latest News Update
Special:
The movie goes into Schweizer’s book and its allegations against the Clinton Foundation's alleged slush fund.

FBI Director James Comeyhas says there's no timetable for the completion of his probe, but has been critical of Clinton's description of the investigate as a "security inquiry." "It's in our name," he said last week about his Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Related Stories:
© 2016 Newsmax. All rights reserved.


Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/clinton-campaign-worried-email/2016/05/15/id/728895/#ixzz48mYEoKwY

Friday, July 24, 2015

Hillary's Days Are Numbered. She Will NOT Be The Democratic Candidate. If Emails Are Not Her Downfall, Some Other Issue Will.

New York Times: Feds Eye Criminal Probe of Hillary Clinton's Emails

By Melanie Batley   |   
The Justice Department has been asked by two inspectors general to launch a criminal probe of Hillary Clinton's use of a private email account for government communication when she was secretary of state, The New York Times reported late Thursday, citing unnamed senior government officials.

The request is under review, but no decision has been made by the Justice Department, the officials told the Times.

The request, by inspectors general for the State Department and for the intelligence agencies, stems from two memos they wrote to Patrick F. Kennedy, the under secretary of state for management, copies of which the Times said were provided to it.

The conclusion of the memos was that Clinton's private email account had "hundreds of potentially classified emails," Fox News reported.

The inspectors generals said that at least one email that had been made public by the State Department contained sensitive information, according to Fox News.

"She followed appropriate practices in dealing with classified materials," Clinton campaign spokesman Nick Merrill said Friday in a statement.

"As has been reported on multiple occasions, any released emails deemed classified by the administration have been done so after the fact, and not at the time they were transmitted," Merrill said. 

Since the existence of the private email account was uncovered in March, Clinton has insisted that she never sent classified information from her private account, Politico said.

"I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email," she said in March. "There is no classified material. So I'm certainly well aware of the classification requirements and did not send classified material."

She has nonetheless shielded her correspondences from congressional and Freedom of Information Act requests, the Times reported.

"We are working with both the State IG and the Intelligence Community's Inspector General to ensure that our review of former Secretary Clinton's emails is completed in a manner that protects sensitive and potentially classified information," said Alec Gerlach, a State Department spokesman, in a statement, according to Politico.
Latest News Update

The State Department is evaluating 55,000 pages of emails that Clinton turned over from her private account. To date, the department has released 3,000 pages, some of which had redactions.

Roughly 25 of the emails were retroactively deemed to be classified.

Secretary of State John Kerry, asked about the probe request NBC Friday morning, said he expected "it'll be cleared up."

"All I know is what I've read today and learned today. Inspectors Generals operate completely independently, that’s why they were put there,” Kerry said.

After the Times published the story late Thursday, significant changes were made in response to complaints from Clinton's representatives.

"Contrary to the initial story, which has already been significantly revised, she followed appropriate practices in dealing with classified materials. As has been reported on multiple occasions, any released emails deemed classified by the administration have been done so after the fact, and not at the time they were transmitted," Merrill said, Politico reported.


Related Stories:
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.