TheBlaze’s Dana Loesch says she was informed by officials shortly before a Sunday book signing at Texas Christian University that the bookstore is a strict “gun-free zone.” There was no armed security provided and she was reportedly told she could not carry any firearms on the premises.
That was enough for Loesch to cancel the signing for her new book, “Hands Off My Gun,” citing concerns for the safety of everyone involved.
Dana Loesch's new book, "Hands Off My Gun"
Dana Loesch’s new book, “Hands Off My Gun”
“Regrettably, today’s signing event for Hands Off My Gun at the TCU Bookstore from 2-3:30 central is canceled. I was really looking forward to this but unfortunately am uncomfortable gambling with my own, my family’s, or readers/listeners’s security,” Loesch wrote in a statementon Sunday.
Loesch also revealed that there was an “incident” at a previous book signing in Grapevine, Texas, where a man reportedly “pushed through the line, yelled at store employees and about how he hated me and Glenn Beck, and when he was told to leave, punched the store’s promotional signs on the way out.”
She said she regularly receives threats from anti-Second Amendment advocates and is “just not cool with being sitting duck somewhere or asking any of you to be also.”
Loesch offered her “deepest apology” for canceling the event and promised to reschedule at a different location soon.