Two dozen Democrats get behind bill to lay foundation for removing Trump for being mentally 'incapacitated' (but they'd need Mike Pence to agree)
- 25th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution allows Congress to set up a medical commission that could determine if a president is fit for office
- The president's cabinet is also allowed to serve that purpose, but Congress has never established its own group to participate
- Either panel would require the vice president to agree before Congress could vote to remove the president
- A Maryland Democratic congressman is trying to set up a commission to target President Trump, tweeting: 'Trump's mental incapacity is no laughing matter'
- Plan has only attracted Democratic cosponsors so far
- Senate that passed 25th Amendment agreed 'inability' meant a 'mental debility' rendering a president 'unable or unwilling to make any rational decision'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4655964/Democrats-lay-foundation-remove-Trump-mental-grounds.html#ixzz4lXKgP54B
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook