Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Trump Is Clear Spoken. Can America Take Him For Four Years? Will He Solve Our Problems Or Make Them Worse?


donald-trump-nbc-600
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump opened fire in favor of American gun rights during a televised interview Wednesday, and blasted his critics including Fox News analyst Charles Krauthammer as a “totally overrated guy.”
In his discussion with NBC’s Katy Tur, Trump was asked if he was concerned about gun violence in America, to which he responded he was a “big Second Amendment person.”
Watch the interview:
The following exchange took place when Tur asked Trump if he had a gun:
TRUMP: I have the license to have a gun, yes, I do.
TUR: Do you own one?
TRUMP: Yes, I do.
TUR: Do you use it? Gun range?
TRUMP: That’s none of your business. It’s really none of your business. I have a license to have a gun.
TUR: Gun control?
TRUMP: What are you talking about?
TUR: Or stronger background checks?
TRUMP: Yes, I have a gun and, yes, I have a permit to have a gun.
TUR: Stronger background checks? What about that? Is there any steps that you would take to make it harder to get a gun in this country?
TRUMP: The problem is once you get into that, you start getting into a situation, the slippery slope where all of a sudden you’re going to really violate the Second Amendment. I don’t want to do anything to violate the Second Amendment. To me, the Second Amendment is very important.

Tur mentioned by name some critics of Trump, including Krauthammer who referred to Trump as a “rodeo clown.”
“Charles Krauthammer is a totally overrated person who dislikes me personally. I’ve never met him,” Trump said. “He’s a totally overrated guy, doesn’t know what he’s doing. He was totally in favor of the war in Iraq. He wanted to go into Iraq and he wanted to stay there forever. These are totally overrated people.”

Tur also mentioned National Review’s Jonah Goldberg, who compared Trump to a “failed man.”
“I’m a failed man? I’m worth a fortune,” responded Trump. “You know, it’s interesting. I went to the best school, got great marks, everything else. I went out, I made a fortune, a big fortune, a tremendous fortune, I’ll be announcing that in about a week because I have to file my papers, bigger than people even understand. I have a book called ‘The Art of the Deal,’ I do ‘The Apprentice’ [TV show]. ‘The Art of the Deal’ was like the No. 1 business book of all time or just about. I think it was. And I do ‘The Apprentice’ and NBC’s angry at me because they renewed ‘The Apprentice’ and I wouldn’t do it. And that’s one of the reasons NBC’s so angry at me. And then I get called by a guy that can’t buy a pair of pants, I get called names? Give me a break.”
Trump also tossed some snark of his own to Tur, saying, “By the way, are you going to mention the ones that do like Trump? No, you don’t do that.”
The billionaire developer said he was “concerned about everything. I’m concerned about our country. Our country’s going to hell.”
“Our country is being beaten in trade deals by China, by Japan, by Mexico. Mexico is the new China. Mexico is killing us in trade. We’re being beaten at every front. We’re being beaten militarily.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/07/trump-steamrolls-nbc-reporter/#5BfOTaFqiIum6Qef.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your comments are needed for helping to improve the discussion.