Surprise! Electoral college 'rebels' who wanted to stop Trump WERE in touch with Clinton campaign (and now movement's leader is facing prosecution)
- Internal calls and emails reveal leaders of last-ditch effort to swing Electoral College from Donald Trump communicated with Clinton campaign officials
- The Clinton camp kept its distance publicly and didn't explicitly endorse efforts
- Campaign chair John Podesta called for electors to get a security briefing after reports on CIA conclusions about Russian-backed hacking
- Calls and emails with senior campaign aides Jennifer Palmieri and Jake Sullivan
- 'Look forward to being in touch'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4059162/Surprise-Electoral-college-rebels-wanted-stop-Trump-touch-Clinton-campaign-movement-s-leader-facing-prosecution.html#ixzz4TgZTsw78
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook